Saturday, January 13, 2018

Maintain Your Lane...

Few years back, when I started my first blog exclusively on health,  I would write articles with trendy topics just to reach more persons.


I did this for so long but didn't get any feedback. According to my then manager Okorie Ikenna, I wasn't doing the right thing. I got mad at him because I expected to get back my money so fast.

Imagine spending #10,000 as an undergraduate then to buy a domain name and host my site, mehn it was not a small something jare.

When I remember that money I spent and my troubles with my manager, I will smile at my foolishness.

I was developing my writing skills then and never knew much about the medical field but I earnestly believed blogging on health issues will sell.

Don't get this twisted, the way you report an accident scene will be entirely different from the way someone else who wasn't present when the accident occurred.

I lost my ten thousand naira

I underdeveloped a skill.

I was on the wrong lane.

Writing and blogging on health issues would be entirely fun but I was on  the wrong lane  'The Money Lane' rather than 'The Skill lane' .

The money lane has led a lot of people astray. People focus on the end than the means. People focus on the money they get after a skill that they  aren't patient enough to learn the skill.

We sometimes don't like the baking process, but we do desire the cake.

If I had still maintained my lane of skill development and leave blogging for money at that time, I would have been better in all ramifications.

Money is paramount, but if you are a starter skill should be more clingy.

MAINTAIN YOUR LANE AND WIN THE RACE. 

Daalu.

By Okorie Victoria Kwozam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gwamnan ya yi amfani da wasu kalmomi

Sannan ya yi kira ga magoya bayansa da su askewa sanatocin gashin kansu da gemunsu domin a cewarsa “ba sa kaunar jihar.”